Construction of structures such as metro station boxes, high rise building foundations, underground car parks and basements, water and sewer shafts and caissons typically require deep excavations and is particularly challenging within urban areas.
Deep excavations are carried out using open cut or a wide range of retaining structures such as a diaphragm-wall, retaining wall, contiguous bored pile, secant pile, sheet pile, vertical soldier pile, shaft and caisson.
Instrumentation is needed to ensure the safety of the excavation and surrounding area, protection of surrounding buildings and utilities, to verify design criteria and allow design changes in accordance with the Observational Method.
Typical Instruments Used For Application
- Inclinometer Casing QJ
- Inclinometer Casing XC
- Portable MEMS Inclinometer
- In-place Inclinometer (IPI)
- Borehole Rod Extensometer Geo-XB2 Series
- Standpipe Piezometer
- VW Piezometer VWP-3000 series
- Water Level Meter
- VW Anchor Load Cells VWLC-5000
- Strain Gauge Anchor Load Cells SGLC-7000
- VW Strain Gauge Surface Mount VWS-2000
- Wireless Tilt Meter
- Magnetic Extensometer GXM Range
- Reed Switch Probe